Friday, October 13, 2006

The impossible to-do list...

I have this to-do list. It is, oh say, as long as my arm. I have written down all the stuff I want to accomplish today and tomorrow morning. It is completely impossible as it stands right now to get it all done and, like a complete moron, I keep adding stuff to it. A bunch of family is coming over tomorrow afternoon for Hannah's birthday. A few of whom have not seen the house yet. So, I want it spit shined. Totally needless, since most of them will likely not be looking for dust with white gloves on. Yet, I must trudge through the motions of cleaning it up as if they might. We have 2 soccer games tomorrow morning and it is supposed to be frozen tundra here in the a.m hours. Should be a blast! Especially when I'll barely be able to think about anything but my to-do list that is left un-done.
I get a little sick pleasure out of crossing stuff off the list though, so I must make one. So much pleasure that after I cleaned the fish tank this morning (which is, by the way, thriving with our store-bought water) I realized I had forgotten to actually put it on the list. So I wrote it on there, just so I could cross it off. How ignorant is that????
Happy Friday to all. I'm off to do my to-dos

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

uh, yeah, I do that too. I don't know if you should be soothed or scared by that. HA!

jennpom said...

I'm so bad! I have to do lists in my head, and then wonder why I forget things!!