Monday, October 09, 2006

Fun grandma...

My mom very rarely gets the "fun grandma" award from Hannah. They have a love/hate relationship. Grandma Joy usually wins the prize because she spoils Hannah like nobody's business and because she usually shows up to our house with bags of M&Ms and sometimes a twinkie or 2 in her pockets. So, in all rights, she should win the prize. How could anyone else even be in the running when she bribes with chocolate and twinkies?? This weekend my mom was able to take the lead away from Grandma Joy. She had Hannah over for a sleepover and they made haunted gingerbread houses. Hannah hasn't stopped talking about how much fun she had. My mom is probably still recovering because Hannah rarely stops talking, period. She doesn't believe in silence. Ever. She makes your eyes cross sometimes. I'm used to it, but my mom had a large dose of it this weekend and she wasn't used to it. I think she is likely still drinking it off. I'm hoping it was worth it in the end. She has the "fun grandma" prize firmly in her grasp for at least a few days. Even if she had to sport a 2 day headache to earn it :) No pain, no gain right??

2 comments:

jennpom said...

wow what a cake! Amy, didn't you talk a lot as a child?? jenn

Amy said...

who me??? Talk??? I'm not really sure.... LOL :)