Monday, October 16, 2006

I love the 80's....

No really, I do. Nothing made me happier than to hear that some of the 80's styles were coming back. I remember fondly my 80's clothes (most of them). Baggy jeans, 10 button shirts (layers and layers of them), big chunky sweaters, Eastland shoes...I could go on for days...
I just wish the fashion police would check with me before they pick what they are bringing back. I'm scared. No really, I just gave up my last pair of what I'm sure my sister would roll her eyes at and call "mom jeans" for a cool pair of straight leg jeans that were "in" last year I'm sure of it. Now I'm watching the Today show this morning and they got a 'hot styles for less' segment on. What do mine eyes see? Leggings. Hello?? Fashion police?? I'm going to be your latest victim. Ain't no WAY I'm am going to stuff my thighs into leggings EVER AGAIN. I can just see it now. Me, thinking I am all cool in my leggings, walking down the street. All the people behind me wondering if that's cottage cheese on my thighs or if I have just been sitting in gravel. Why didn't they bring baggy jeans back? I still know how to peg them! Does that count for nothing???? Instead they bring back skinny jeans. I cannot wear skinny jeans, for I am not skinny. I can still do kick ass big hair if need be. Maybe that will save me from the fashion police paddy wagon? Doubtful.

No comments: