Monday, October 23, 2006

Earn bad mommy credits for the day...check that off my list.

Help me try to make a 5 year old understand why I am backing out of a field trip to the pumpkin patch. We were supposed to go last week but they cancelled because it was muddy. That's nice of them, but now it's muddy and freezing. It doesn't sound like a fun trip to me. Especially not with Ryan in tow. Of course, I have devastated my daughter. Just earning my bad mommy award points. Yes indeed. It isn't just cold, it's bitter...and did I mention the mud? A 2 hour trip through the pumpkin patch just does NOT fit into my plan for the day. It would be different if it was even partially indoors. It is not. It is 1 hour and 45 min of listening to "the life of a pumpkin seed" and 15 min of picking pumpkins. In the freezing cold, bitter wind, and mud- wait did I already mention that? Blah. I have scarred her for life by telling her we aren't going. I'll pay for the therapy later, I'm sure. Whatever.

No comments: