so why bother making a list? I crossed off so very little and just added more to it. Blah.
In my defense, I did get the bathrooms clean and got a mountain of laundry clean. Of course now I have to put a mountain of clothes away and flip out every time someone uses a toilet. I quietly pondered making them use the great outdoors instead of dirtying my clean potties, but that might have gotten a little weird with the neighbors and the public park behind us and all. But I digress...in the end, I am allowing my family to carefully pee in toilets and begging them not to make me clean them again until Christmas is long over. Or at least Dec 26th.
Added to my list are small gifts for the neighborhood children. Apparently we were exchanging them?? No one told me. Silly me, I assumed that the children's gift swap at the neighborhood party served this purpose. Guess not. Either way, I am shopping the dollar store for them because I refuse to drop a ton of cash on it. Go ahead, call me scrooge.
I also added a couple of other things that I have already forgotten because I am refusing to write shit down this week. I'll remember later and freak out all over again. It's all good.
None of it matters because tomorrow I am entering the 7th level of hell. I must do all of my Christmas shopping with all of the other last minute shoppers. In my head, I think that finding a parking spot will send me into mad screaming fits, let alone actually entering stores and standing in lines. Just thinking about it makes my head spin. My answer to all of this is to force my husband to stop in the middle of the day and take me to my current favorite food spot so I can eat some good grub :) My other answer to the mess is to shrug my shoulders and just go with it. If we can't find everything on the list, we'll find something else. To quote Tom Cruise before he became a raging, couch jumping, cradle robbing, know-it-all jackass, "sometimes you just have to say, what the fuck". I think I'll be saying it a lot tomorrow. My sister is watching the kids for us so I won't be saying it in front of them. I am thanking God for my sister and her willingness to stay with them. Dragging the 3 of them around with us tomorrow would mean adding another stop or 5 to the liquor store.
Dear Santa: all I want for Christmas is sanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
do they give gift certificates to your favourite liquor store?? I think that's what Santa should bring you. Hope you get everything accomplished Amy.
Post a Comment