Friday, September 08, 2006

TGIF...

I have never longed for a weekend the way I am today. OK. Probably not completely true. I'm sure when I was in school I longed for the weekend as passionately as I am today, but for different reasons. I am flat out exhausted. Mom & Dad took Manda back to Boston this week for her Junior year and we have been on dog duty. This is exhausting work. Trying to keep up with the dogs, the house, the boys, on top of my own dogs, house, & kids...well let's just say I'm really happy they are on their way home and I have a weekend of just my own family. Unfortunately they are gone a lot this month so Sept. is going to suck a big weenie around here. Oh well :)
On a bright note Hannah starts preschool today. I thought she might be nervous because it's a new school, teachers, friends, etc. But she has been asking for the last 2 hrs if it's time to go yet. I'm happy with the whole arrangement because she was initially signed up to go everyday but at the last minute they had a spot in the MWF program and we snatched it. She'll be going to school every day soon enough. No need to toss her to the wolves just yet. I like the teachers in this new class a lot & I am very happy with how it all worked out. Hopefully she will be as happy when she gets home as she is right now. It is a staggering thought to me that in a month she will be 5. Seems like she was just a peanut baby and now she is almost 5. I feel like in about 5 minutes I'll be whining about how I can't believe she is 16. Everyone says they grow up fast and to enjoy them while they're little. This is not always an easy task for the mother of 3 little ones. You get lost in the day to day chaos of it all and forget to take time to enjoy them. I'm trying to remind myself of this. They make me laugh at least once a day and I love all 3 of them immensely for that reason and countless others. I wouldn't trade my job for anything and I'm hoping someone will remind me of this the next time Ryan dumps a trashcan full of tissue into the toilet and flushes. Please, someone remind me.

No comments: