
Does anyone else get reflective over a cup-o-joe? I do. Maybe it's because I try to carve out 10 minutes in the morning for a peaceful cup and it is the only sane time of the day. I don't always get my 10 minutes, but I really try hard for it. It gives my brain time to wake up and think about the day and everything else in my world. This morning I was a little reflective. Probably because I was blubbering mess most of the day yesterday. I spent most of the day praying for a blanket of tolerance throughout the world. Very much "Miss Merry Sunshine" with that, eh? I know that our world is a long way from tolerance but a small dose of prayer for it can't hurt, right? I see so much in my everyday world that needs to tolerate. Family members in ugly divorces, friends who can't stand each other, people in grocery lines behind someone with 13 items in the 12 or less lane. You know the ones who are huffing and eye-rolling because they have to let someone scan ONE MORE ITEM. Deep breath people....it isn't the end of the world! No wonder our society is so maxed out. We get bent out of shape when we count 13 items for crying out loud! I am guilty of it too. Mostly I am working on my own tolerance and trying to remind myself and those around me to take a deep breathe and look at the big picture. There is a big picture people, there always is. It's that light at the end of the tunnel, or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that everyone talks about.
Maybe it's just the caffeine talking this morning. Who knows? But would it hurt? Think about it the next time you want to whip a 9 gauge shotgun out of your purse to move someone along :) Deeeeeep breeeeath......

No comments:
Post a Comment