Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Friends...


Every once in awhile when I am having an especially crappy day, a ray of sun shines down on me and makes me feel like I can keep on going. More and more these days that ray of sun has been my good friend Carol. She is someone I met just by chance and I believe God sent her to me as a blessing. That's what she is to me- a blessing. When I am insane, she brings me back to reality every time. She is one of those people who can make you laugh no matter how upset you are and make you see that nothing is THAT BAD.
How lucky am I to have someone like that?? Pretty damn lucky!
Today wasn't really a bad day, just a day that has been non-stop running for other people and feeling generally under-appreciated. I came home to find a big box full of goodies from her. I knew it was coming but not what was in it. It was sort of like Christmas in Sept around here :) THEN I got into my mailbox and what was waiting on me there??? Cheryl's cookies!!! HELLO! What more can I ask for? Presents AND cookies??? What a good day indeed. Better than anything it makes me realize that someone out there loves me and appreciates my friendship even when I feel like no one else knows I am alive.
I have days like that- when I think no one knows I am alive. Nor would they notice my absence until they needed something from me. Sounds very "woe is me", right?? I know, I know. I am loved, needed, appreciated, all that. I'd just like to HEAR it sometimes.
Anyways...if nothing else, Carol made my day today. Perhaps my whole week. I hope a ray of sun is shining on her in her part of the world today :)

No comments: