When the kids are all home sick I got the luxury of not having to rush like a crazy mama to get everyone off to their prospective schools. We can hang out in our jammies and watch cartoons and get to the other stuff whenever we get to it. The flip side of that coin, is cabin fever among the natives. I thought I was going to climb the walls yesterday. Of course everyone is feeling better now. They have been on their antibiotics and they feel like brand new chiclets. This means that they want to run and play and be free. For me that means screaming at them to stop running around the circle. They love to run around through the kitchen, dining room, and living room where there is no silly wall to stop them in their game. They chase each other around and around and scream and laugh. It is the ultimate fun. I am the ultimate fun-killer. Someone always slips on the wood floor, or their screaming makes me want to lose it. The rule is: no running. They break it. A lot. Yesterday it was more than a lot. I wanted to take them to school in the middle of the day and leave them there just to get them out of my hair for a bit. I have been with them now caged inside the walls of our house for going on 5 days. My only escape was a trip to the Dr's office and then to Target to fill prescription. Now school is out for the rest of the week for the holiday so I must find some form of escape today. God help the family member whose quiet home we choose to invade.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I could have written every word of this!! I feel your pain, girl. I really, really do.
Jen
SOUNDS LIKE MY HOUSE, down to the running circle. Benadryl is my friend! LOL
Post a Comment