Tuesday, November 07, 2006

do you know one??

Raise your hand if you know an adult that acts like a spoiled teenager... everyone does?? Of course you do! They are everywhere! I have to shake my head at adults that can't step away from High School. Grow up already. The day I graduated from HS, I turned away from all of that nonsense. I don't understand the point in re-living it for years and years. The cat fights in the hallways, who was on homecoming court, who made the cheerleading squad, who didn't...none of the crap matters in 'the real world' so why hang on to it?
I have a neighbor who is a total bizarro. Her daughter is a total brat and does cruel things to other kids. 2 other parents on the street have confronted her and she literally goes off like a bomb. Screaming obscenities in the street. Instead of saying anything to her daughter about being nasty to other kids or even asking her what happened like a sane person, she starts screaming about things that have nothing to do with anything. What is that teaching her daughter?? I can tell you one thing for sure. Her daughter is likely going to grow up to be one of those bitches everyone hates in HS and no one will talk to at the class reunion. That's what her mama is modeling for her. She is in 3rd grade and she is already a bitch. I hate to say that about a child, but some of the things I have seen her do with my own eyes would take your breath away.
I can't even count the number of people I have known in my adult life that leave me shaking my head in wonder at them. Concerned more about the brand of clothes their toddlers are wearing than anything else in the world. I guess that lesson never got to them in High School. I just assumed everyone learned eventually that whether you are wearing Tommy Hilfiger or Circo you can be a good person. Silly me.
I met another person this past weekend who is still flipped out over the fact that she wasn't on homecoming court. Seriously. She is going on 40 years old and still is angry at the world because she wasn't on homecoming court. She still has a grudge against people who were on court, and now their children as well. Did I say psycho already?? I wonder if she thinks the girls who did get on court still wear their sashes to work everyday? Really. WHO CARES?? No one even remembers that crap 10 years, 15 years, 20 years later. Let it go....
As I was listening to one of the neighbors talk about the latest neighborhood fight involving the 1st mom I talked about, all I could do was shake my head. My kids aren't involved in it and the crazy mom hasn't even stooped from her high horse to introduce herself to me yet, so I am hoping to never be involved in the crazy plot she lives in. Their house is for sale and all I can say is good riddance. Hopefully a sane family will buy it and move in and we can have less High School drama on the street.

No comments: