not that I am lacking in material to write about today. It just isn't post-able material. God help me if I actually wrote what is in my head and a certain family member reads someday. Or God help them. Enough already, right?? Sooooo...instead of a 'real post' today you can get to know the inner holiday of Amy.
Enjoy!!
Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate (with Bailey's)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them, but sometimes I wish he didn't!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yep.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving most of the decor goes up and the tree follows sometime later.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Those casserole potato thingys with cheese and sour cream and bacon.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Giving my mom the present I picked out especially for her at the Secret Santa shop at school. It was always something horrible that she pretended to love. Too bad it isn't PC to do Secret Santa shops at schools anymore!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 16 or 17 . OK...maybe not that old but I was one of the last Santa hold-outs. Someone at school ruined it for me
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, but I usually give the chiclets new jammies- does that count?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, tons of ornaments- most of them gaudy, red bows, and a big bow on top with ribbon streaming down. It's all very tacky-chic :)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Hate, hate, hate it. Snow is only good on Christmas and maybe one other good sledding day. Then I am DONE WITH IT.
12. Can you ice skate? Not well. I wish I could though!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The doll house my grandpa made me.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I wish I only had one! Probably grandma's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Seeing my sister's face at 4 am. She's almost 21 but she'll never grow up :)
17. What tops your tree? A big ol' bow
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Brenda Lee "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" It makes me dance like Will Ferrell in 'Night At The Roxbury' everytime I hear it!
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!!! I steal one a day from the Christmas tree!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Depends on my mood...my favorite funny one is 'Christmas Vacation'. My favorite traditional ones are 'Charlie Brown's Christmas' and 'It's a Wonderful Life'
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, milk and carrots for the reindeer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amy, I snarfed your little quizzy for my blog, too. I love your answers!! :)
Post a Comment