Friday, November 03, 2006

just say no...

I can't do it. I can't say no. People ask me to help with things and I immediately blurt out "sure! I have nothing going on that day!" Why??? Why do I do that to myself? Now I have a calendar that is so full for the next 2 months that I literally have ZERO free weekends. Some of my weekend activities are fun, some are not, either way it will be 2007 before I have a weekend with no plans. No exaggeration. In 2007 I think I have a free weekend. It probably won't happen though because someone will ask a favor of me and I'll quickly answer that I have nothing else going on that weekend before I can stop myself.
What can I say? I am one of those 'people pleasers'. Much as I hate it sometimes, it's what I am. It's good and bad. Most of my friends and family appreciate it about me. My husband probably hates it. He would give anything for a plan free weekend. Good thing he is patient. He is usually the last in line of people that I please. Poor guy. Plus his mom only let him eat 2 friggin' pieces of candy at Halloween when he was a kid. He has been underprivileged his whole life!! I did try to make up for that by sending him to work with a basket of all the good stuff. Damn if he isn't a people pleaser too. He gave it all away.

3 comments:

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

That is the worst! I have being overbooked, especially around the holidays. I think it's unavoidable, though. Think Nancy Reagan and 'Just Say NO!'

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

I don't have...I hate...the word is hate being overbooked. *sigh* Why don't they have and edit feature?

jennpom said...

remember, it's okay to say "no" sometimes. Not that I'm not guilty of this problem. jenn