while it is snowing blizzard style in many parts of the country, it is finally NOT doing that here. And I am grateful for the break. I know it'll be back before I can call it Spring, but after 2 or more solid weeks of PILES of snow everywhere, I can see my yard again. It even rained all day yesterday, so what was left of the snow is officially 100% gone. I love that I can see my yard, and yet it brings to mind my least favorite job. See...we have 3 dogs. During all of the snowy weeks we have had, it has been layers of snow, then ice, then snow, then ice... you get the picture? So for 2+ weeks now I haven't been able to clean up after my sweet doggies. At all. The March thaw means I can do it finally. I just trudged through the yard in my (ugly, but very washable thankyouverymuch) crocs to do the duty. And it was not pretty. I tried to do it one day last week, but the top layer on that particular day was ice. That is, ice on top of 8 or so inches of snow/ice mix. So it was as if I was ice skating in my backyard. I would skate for a few steps and then fall through. I gave up pretty fast. I love my dogs, but I seriously hate dog clean up in the winter. Now it is done and because I did it, I can demand a backrub tonight.
How's that for some fun reading for you? All about the clean up of dog shit. Hey! I never claimed it would always be interesting reading. At least I didn't post pictures. You're welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment