Wednesday, March 28, 2007

american idol musings....

so here I am, engrossed in whatever season of idol we're on this year. I refused to watch the first season because I thought the whole premise of the show was ignorant. Then I heard Kelly Clarkson sing and I was hooked. I love her. Anyway...I started watching every year. And every year about 1/2 way through I say "huh?" Because some freak continues to get through. I believe the first time I noticed it was the dorky red head dude that thought he was Sinatra. Then I heard about the cult following of votefortheworst.com (I wish I could make it an actual link, but I am illiterate). Once you visit that site it all makes sense. Because seriously? Sanjaya? No question he is the website's lovechild this season. Even Gwen Stefani wasn't sure what to do with him. Now, if Micheal Jackson ever does the guest spot, I think he'll know EXACTLY what to do with Sanjaya. EXACTLY. I mean Simon Cowell doesn't even make fun of him anymore. He's just speechless. The rest of us are too, Simon.
Other than the oddity of Sanjaya, this season I am bothered by some other stuff. Like- is it just me, or are Phil's eyebrows being applied with a black Magic Marker? And also, does Melinda have a neck? These are the things I pondered while watching last night. I no longer try to figure out who will make it to the Finals. It's a crap shoot. I did worry a little bit last night that one of Lakisha's breasts was going to escape her dress, but she managed to keep them in check.
But it's all about the singing, folks. Really it is. :)
Back to your regularly scheduled lives. But seriously... why didn't Gwen bring Gavin with her last night? It would've been lovely to see him in the audience!

No comments: