Thursday, March 08, 2007

just when i want to tender my resignation...

it was just one of those mornings. We have a lot of them, but everything seemed amplified to me today. I've had a week full of schedule this, now reschedule that, don't forget to turn this, this, and this in. Did you already pay for this? Do we need to pay this now or later? Did you bake the cupcakes, what about the cake? Where is the stuff for the goodie bags? You mean the bags aren't done? What about the bows, earrings, and hats for the dance class? Did you get the pictures ordered? Where is THAT order form??? It just goes on and on sometimes. Most of the time actually. I love my life, my kids, my husband...but there are days when I want to be handed a pink slip. I want to tear my hair out and scream at the top of my lungs "I QUIT!" But, alas, I have one of those jobs you can't quit. You can't quit and you can't have breaks either- potty or otherwise- because more often than not, your boss follows you into the bathroom and wants to help flush. Cause it's fun to watch. Like I said, it's been one of those days.
Then something happens that turns it around for me. No- I didn't get a raise today. In fact I don't even get a damn paycheck. Remind me to speak to management about that later! Today the turnaround was my sick little boy. He can't help that his continuous vomit streak for the last 2 days has been a constant source of worry for me. Both worry for him and worry that he might puke on my favorite chair next. The chair that I have wanted for 10 yrs and finally have. Puke wouldn't be easy to clean up in my chair. But, my little sick boy just climbed up into my lap and gave me a big hug. Then he looked up and smiled his crooked smile and said "my love you mama." Plain and simple. I think I'll hang onto my job for a while longer.
Who needs a paycheck?

1 comment:

jennpom said...

yeah those are the words that make us say "okay, life is tough but you are worth it". Hugs Amy and hope little Ry is better soon.