it's funny to me that I still think of him as 'my baby'. I wonder if this will still be true when he is 17 and hairy. I think back to potty training Justin at this exact same age and in my head, Ryan just seems so much younger. Except that he isn't. Weird. He is less of a baby every day. He's always been an opinionated little dude. Now he just lets you know that it's his way or the highway. No exceptions. He won't be as easy to potty train as Justin and Hannah were. They just accepted it to be fact that it was "time" and there were "no more diapers". Ryan says to me, "not yet" and "go buy more diapers, you cheap bastard" OK. He didn't actually call me a cheap bastard but it was implied in his tone. I think he knows I'm tired of purchasing Pampers. I'm certain he knows I'm tired of changing his poopy diapers, but it's my concern not his. And why should he want to take over wiping his own butt when it is clearly not an enjoyable task for me? Makes sense when you think of it from his perspective. He's obviously extremely intelligent.
Happy Birthday to my little dude. Thanks for being just who you are. You make me smile and cringe every day and I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:
Post a Comment