i have mommy gut. In more ways than the obvious one. It used to be a fat gut. Now it is less fat but is more like a blob of wrinkly skin. Go ahead. Click the x and move on now if you are gagging over the thought of my blobby, wrinkly, mommy gut. I forgive you. It grosses me smack out too. But, I figure gross, blobby, & wrinkly is better than what it used to be which is full-o-fat.
What else is mommy gut? It's that instinct that you get the moment a child emerges from said gut. When you just know something isn't right. Woman's intuition ain't got nothin' on mommy gut. My gut has screamed at me the last 2 times I have been at the pediatrician's office and a few times before that it was speaking loudly. I ignored it before, today I am not. I am divorcing my pediatrician. It's a scary thought for me. I don't know why. It isn't like a have a long-standing relationship with her, but it's still hard to pack up, grab your medical records, and move on. She is somewhat of a flake and I have been forgiving for a long time, because flaky doesn't necessarily equal a crap doctor. Today she crossed the line between flake and flat out ignorant and even crossed the lazy doctor threshold a little. Ignorant and lazy is a no-can-do for me. Not where the chiclets are concerned. I drove home listening to my gut scream obscenities about going to the gym and doing some crunches already, but not before you switch pediatricians, you ignorant woman! Gotta listen when the gut starts in with the obscenities.
I should have listened 2 visits ago, when it rose from a dull roar to a scream. Next time, I'll know. Listen to the mommy gut already! It isn't pretty, but it's smart. Isn't that the way of the world?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment