Saturday, April 07, 2007

dear mother nature...

normally, i am not one to bitch about the weather. HA!! I can't even say that with a straight face. I bitch ENDLESSLY about the weather. However, Mother Nature, I feel that since you too are a mother you should see that what you have done here is just wrong on so many levels. My children just endured a week of spring break where there was only a glimpse of spring. You tease us into wearing shorts and bearing legs that are so pale white they may be deemed "clear", then you blast us with winter again. Why? Why do you do this to us? Is it some deal you have with the winter dudes that you have to get so many inches in before it's over? If that's the case, can you see to it that next year it is a lower number of inches? Or, is it that you think we'll miss the snow? Because seriously? That's going to be a no for me. Even living in Arizona didn't make me miss snow. I certainly won't miss it for the few short months that it goes away here in Ohio.
You gave me trees full of blossoms on Mon. that were dead on Wed. Why???? Don't you want it to be pretty? I don't CARE that it makes me husband sneeze. It's so pretty!
In short, Mother Nature, my children will hunt for Easter eggs tomorrow in their winter coats. Enough is enough. Let us have spring before I start feeling the need to get ugly on you. Ask Matt, you don't want me to get ugly.

No comments: