it's a bad attitude to live with. I'm slowly trying to change, but it's hard. Matt and I wasted 1/2 hour of our lives last night talking about what kind of hardwood floors we want and where we want to go with it. It's laughable and a total waste of time because unless the damn money tree starts blooming soon (I think the Spring frost killed the damn thing AGAIN) it'll be years before we can put hardwood anywhere. And, I think, I'm OK with it. There will always be things we want to do to the house. Vacations we want to go on. Things we want to buy. Because what we have is never enough. Except? It is right now. I am content in life. I have the house I have always wanted to have. I have a husband who makes me laugh and who laughs at me. I have kids who other people think are cute & actually want to have over to visit (they don't know the REAL Hannah). All that AND a front loading washer and dryer!!
Would I love to be vacationing on the beach with my toes in the sand this summer? Hell yes! Will I be happy with vacationing at my sister in law's lake house? Indeed! It'll be fun and ridiculously cheap.
It's all about attitude. I can spend my days thinking about everything I want or reveling in all I have. Because...seriously? I am a lucky, lucky girl. I'm going to revel in what I have and be thankful for my blessings. After that, I'm going to fold laundry :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment