Tuesday, January 02, 2007

this year i resolve...

not to make resolutions. Because, I figure, why bother? I resolve to do the same shit every year and I pretty much end up in the same place. OK...not totally true. Last year I wanted to lose weight. And I did. 30 lbs. and I managed to keep 25 of it off. I think. I haven't gotten on the scale since before New Year's Eve and, good GOD, my mom made the most fabulous ribs on the planet. Made myself sick eating them. Yes indeed. Where was I? OH YEAH! Weight loss...blah blah blah. 20 more lbs this year yadda, yadda, yadda.
I'd love to resolve to stop cursing in front of my children. Especially since last week when Ryan spilled a full glass of chocolate milk all over the floor, without skipping a beat Hannah says "what the hell?" I had to do a double take to see if it was me or her speaking. OOPS. At least she isn't dropping the F bomb. Yet. So like I said, I'd like to curse less in front of my kids. Really I would. But I think I resolved to do that last year too and that brings me back to where this story started.
So this year I resolve to not make resolutions. I think that way next year at this time I can say I was successful.
Happy New Year to all. Don't forget to write 2007 now.

1 comment:

jennpom said...

LOL!! I will not even bother to attempt to stop swearing in front of John John. I can't help myself it just comes out without me even thinking about it. I say resolutions are for weenies. So glad we aren't among them.