Monday, January 22, 2007

now I know...

so a skinny, little, old man made fun of me today. Had I not had my hands full of wiggling, grouchy, pain in the ass 2 1/2 year old, I'd might have kicked his scrawny ass. He'd have thought twice before making fun of the housewife at the hardware store on a snowy morning ever again. Why did he make fun of me you ask? Was it my stained sweat pants? Was it my static loving hair? Was it the fact that I spent my 5 minutes in the store saying "stop it!" "don't touch him!" "no, you can't have that!" "no, there are no toys here!" at least 100 times a piece? No. Nope. None of those. He was making fun of me because I was looking for rock salt. In the store. Isn't that hysterical?? Like wet your pants, spit coffee out of your nose hysterical?? Yeah, no. I didn't think so either. But the skinny old man did. So did the employee who fetched my rock salt from the barn out back.
I forget now and then that the town we live in was a farm town about 10 years ago. Apparently the hardware store is still "farm town". Now I know they keep stuff like rock salt in the barn. And P.S. they only sell it in 40 or 80# bags. Not 20#. Ever. You can make fun of me too now if you want. But be careful. There is a foul mood lurking about today. You've been fore-warned.

2 comments:

jennpom said...

you made my night. sometimes your blog is just too funny. although, I don't think the intent of today's post was humourous.

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

OMG, I had a flashback! When we first moved here, I went to the feed store to pick up some food for Tish and the guys did the exact same thing. The dog food was kept in the barn...they laughed at me! From then on, I drove the 20 miles to PetCo to pick up Tish's food because I was so peeved! I think you had every right to be pissy. You do tell it in a very funny way, though! LOL!