Friday, January 05, 2007

it's january....

no really. It is! I know it's 59-ish and rainy and if you're like me, that just screams April, but seriously, it's January. Never in my memory have I seen this winter. We haven't had snow yet. Nothing that stuck anyways. I'm not complaining- don't get me wrong. I'm all about this new improved winter we have been handed thus far. We are traipsing up North to good ol' MI in about a week, so I'm sure we'll be buried that weekend. And we'll still have to go because devastation does not touch upon what my children would feel if we had to cancel that trip. They are DYING to see their old buddies up north. Actually, so am I. I am craving time surrounded by people who float in the same boat I do. I miss my gang. It's like sliding into an old comfortable pair of jeans, because we just are who we are and we love each other for it. So damn the snow mounds (if they are indeed coming) off to MI we go.
Today it is raining and raining and raining. I was all blah and miserable about it, but I cheered myself right up by blasting U2 from the ipod on my sparkly new Bose speakers. It's almost as good as live, but not quite because no Bono...and he is so...yum... But it sounds pretty damn good. U2 has an amazing way of cheering me up. Even on rainy, spring, January days.

No comments: