Tuesday, March 04, 2008

rock the vote...

today was the big primary for the great state of o-hi-o. Along with voting for my candidate of choice (and wondering how much longer Huckabee is going to hang on? Seriously... President Huckabee? Sounds too Andy Griffith for me. Sorry Mike.) I also got to vote on our school levy. We live in one of those booming districts that used to be covered in farmland and is now covered in subdivisons. We've got the old folks not wanting to part with any more tax money for new schools and the younger crowd seeing the need for new schools. I hope us youngun's win out, but I've run into a few ignorants over the past week who think our money would be better spent on portable trailers. Because, you know, they're so much cheaper than a whole new school! Right and they last like 4 years and then we are right back where we are today only with 5 $40,000 trailers that we can't use now. But, I digress. The major bonus for me- aside from the cool "I voted today" sticker I'm currently sporting- is that Matt stopped on the way home and got me a giant Starbucks coffee to reward me for being a responsible voting adult. SWEET! This from the responsible, grown up, voting adult man who voted for one of the county commissioners because he likes his name. I can't make too much fun of him I guess, because I'd have voted for Bill Clinton again before I put someone in office whose last name is Huckabee. Again, sorry Mike. I just can picture other world leaders mocking you behind your back. It's hard to take someone seriously and not call them a Huckleberry. Maybe it's just me.

No comments: