Thursday, March 06, 2008

eight...

my first born turned eight today. It's crazy to me to think that I went to bed a mere eight years ago, a whale of a human being who was 5 days overdue and cranky, and now I have this boy who calls me mom and rolls his eyes when I make a corny joke. You blink and 8 whole years are GONE. Granted, we've had a busy eight years. 3 states, 4 job changes, 2 more kids, 4 houses...I could go on forever. We've had our share of change. But through all those changes Justin has proved to be the easy-going kid, who rolls with the punches, and accepts change as a part of our life.
I know it's only a matter of time before he stops telling me he loves me every time he gets out of the van to get on the bus, or letting me kiss the top of his head in front of other kids at school, or climbing up to snuggle in my lap. He hardly fits in my lap, but he still wants to try it from time to time. I feel like the next time I blink, all of that will be gone and he'll be a cranky teenager who slams his door in my face when I tell him he can't go somewhere or do something.
In the meantime. I cherish the fact that he still tells me he loves me every day before bed, and still wants birthday cake for breakfast.
Happy Birthday little man. Hope all your wishes come true!

2 comments:

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

Happy Birthday Justin!!!
Eight years old? I can't even believe it! I hope you have a great birthday, sweetie!!

jennpom said...

Happy Happy belated 8th birthday Justin!!!