Wednesday, May 14, 2008

things that made me smile today...

it takes a lot to make me smile today. I'm feeling a little like Eeyore.
However, Ryan is always good for a few smiles. He has been in a sunny mood today. I told him how nice it was that he was in such a good mood today, and he asked me what a mood was. So I tried to explain "mood" in a way that he would understand. "It's how you feel and act every day. You can be happy, or sad, or funny..." and he says "or cranky, like you mama?" Yes, son. I believe you grasp the concept. It made me smile in spite of my grey mood.
Then Hannah came home from school. After lunch Ryan asked her to read a book to him. Fish Out Of Water is his current favorite, so Hannah began reading. She still does a lot of sounding out but when she came to the pet store owner's name (Mr. Carp) she read it out loud without sounding it out much. Mr. Crap is the new name of the owner of the pet store. That made me laugh out loud.

2 comments:

jennpom said...

yeah, mr. crap would make me laugh too. hope your day got better Amy. jenn

~M~ said...

LOL!! Sounds like something one of my kids said yesterday.... only I don't for the life of it remember what it was but gush it made me laugh.

Hope you're feeling better today honey ((HUGS))