Thursday, May 15, 2008

just think of the money we'll save...

hannah already knows pretty much everything she needs to know. No, really. Just ask her. She'll tell you.
Today she learned all about the esophagus and how food can get lodged in it. She learned the Heimlich maneuver, and how to do it on yourself if you're ever alone when you start to choke. Her kindergarten teacher is very hands on with the kids. Obviously. So, as she is explaining to me how to Heimlich yourself, and how we have a breathing tube and a swallowing tube, and how sometimes food goes down the wrong tube, she pauses and says, "did you know all this already mom?"
"Yes, dear, I did."
She replies with, "oh, so you learned it in kindergarten, too?"
"Umm, no I learned it in college".
She very matter-of-fact like says "Oh, well then I don't even need to go to college then!"
Well I guess not. Good, I can go buy some shoes or fill up my gas tank with all of that money we have socked away for her college education.

1 comment:

~M~ said...

ROFL... trust a kid to have such a high opinion of their abilities!

She's such a ham... enjoy your savings *giggle*