subtitle: my son is going to kill me for posting this if this blog still exists when he is 13 years old.
Ryan has had some bizarre fear of peeing standing up. He's never been cut off by the toilet seat, but I think in the back of his mind somewhere he visualized it being a possibility. We tried all the various tricks for getting boys to stand (i.e. fruit loops floating in the water- why does it appeal to boys to try to shoot down fruit loops anyway??) but it never worked. Finally I just thought...hmmm...his wife might thank me one day because she never has to clean his pee from around the rim of the toilet. He can sit for the rest of his life if he wants. I do.
So today...I'm on the phone with a friend of mine who works at a real job with a real paycheck. The same friend who questions my sanity at least once monthly because the thought of staying home makes her cringe in much the same way that the thought of working full-time makes me cringe. Mid-sentence I had to stop, because Ryan came flying in the room with his face all lit up and he was so excited that he was stuttering and speaking in tongues. When I finally got a legitimate sentence to spew out, it was "Mom mom mom mom I peed standing up!!! I peed standing up! Can I get a high five?" I completely dissolved in hysterics- but not until after I gave him his high five. I guarantee nothing that fun would've happened if I was in an office working at a 'real job'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! That beats Dominic's announcement this morning that poopy is black and poop is brown. Dontcha just love boys? Congrats to Ryan on such an accomplishment...seriously.
LOL!! And to think John John wouldn't pee like a big boy till he could stand. Will we ever figure out the male species??
Post a Comment