because i can switch from bitch to sweet in 0-6 seconds, I'm switching gears. To wish my man a Happy Birthday :) In his honor, I will list the 36 reasons I love him so good. Since he's 36 and all.
1. He and I don't see eye to eye on music. AT ALL. And yet he rarely whines about having to drive in the car with me listening to country music. Even though it sometimes makes his ears bleed.
2. He can fall asleep in under 5 seconds if he is sitting down.
3. We can carry on an entire conversation around him as he sleeps, with no response until we make fun of him. He always gets us with an "I heard that"
4. He loves giving our kids a bath. I hate it. Enough said.
5. He knows random trivia about everything. He rocks at Trivial Pursuit.
6. Also, he can make Jeopardy! entertaining.
7. He taught my 18 year old brother & his girlfriend that you can't read a fortune cookie without putting "in bed" at the end of the fortune. You have to know my brother to understand why that is so damn funny.
8. He can watch ESPN all day long. Wait, I hate that about him.
9. When he walks into a room and I am watching Sweet Home Alabama for what has to be the 875th time, he might just sit down and watch it with me.
10. Only 10? This is going to take forever! He can listen to me bitch about my mother without ever reminding me that I am JUST LIKE HER.
11. That thing he does when he lifts the lid of every container and says the same stupid phrase to whatever food is inside.
12. That he can't play a video game of ANY KIND without using his tongue.
13. He thinks he's a good dancer.
14. He dances in public.
15. He requires a hug every day when he gets home. Requires it.
16. He also still likes to hold my hand in public. Awwwww....
17. He doesn't roll his eyes at my ignorant ideas. Well almost never.
18. He helps with the massive quantity of dogs at my parent's house. Most husbands would give you a "hell no". He does it, and does it well.
19. He lets me hog the bed AND the covers.
20. He scratches my back whenever I ask.
21. I have used 'The Promise' on him more times than I care to admit and it still works. I guess he always can hope?
22. He gets up first almost every morning and gets the house running so I can have a few minutes extra sleep. Back off girls. He's mine. You can't have him.
23. He never says "spaghetti again?"
24. He goes to the store for me. At 11:30 pm when I remember we have no milk for tomorrow morning.
25. If I am craving wings at 10 pm he can also be persuaded to get them for me. See #21.
26. Yes. He spoils me. It's one of the things I love :)
27. 2006 Valentine's Day gift. It was one for the husband of the year record books. I wish I had blogged it so that I could share it now, but it was gooood.
28. He accepts my family. No really.
29. He thinks his mom likes me.
30. He tries to be open-minded everytime I decide on the spur of the moment to paint/rearrange/redecorate any given room in our house.
31. He lets me think I'm right. Even when I know I'm wrong and don't want to admit it.
32. He has not one time looked at my pile o' scrapbooking equipment and said "seriously? What else could you possibly need?"
33. Same goes for shoes.
34. He understands my need for 20 minutes of alone time at night and usually wrangles the kids so I can have it.
35. He has never given me shit for telling him before we were married that I needed a clause written into the contract. 'If and when Tom Cruise came to sweep me off my feet, our marriage contract was null and void'. Seriously, Amy? Tom Cruise? I was so young and naive. **I** give **myself** shit about it, he never has.
36. He still needs me to match his pants/shirt/shoes at least 3 times a week.
and one to grow on....
*****He is the world's greatest husband/daddy/person that I know and I am so glad I got talked into dating him.
If there are 57 heinous spelling errors in this post, it's blgger's fault. The spell check isn't working :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Happy 36th birthday Matt!!
Happy Birthday, Matt!!!
Post a Comment