the good part about having a to-do list as long as my arm, is the aftermath. When I cross a chunk of the items off and I feel tremendous accomplishment. Or when I get something done and can sit back and marvel at my own crafty-ness. Or someone else marvels at my crafty-ness and says to me, "you MADE this??" I will admit to a little head swelling when someone can't believe how unbelievably cool something is that I made with my own 2 hands. Or when my very good friend tells me what a huge weight I have lifted off of her shoulders by helping her with something. She's busier than I am, but would help me at a moment's notice if she could. It feels good that I can do the same for her. Even if by lifting her burden, I gave myself some burden. I think somewhere, somehow it all evens out.
I am a helper by nature. Do I allow people to use me sometimes? Yes. It's just the way I am. I've said before I don't know how to say no. But sometimes I get a really great end result feeling because I said yes, and helped out with something. I think that makes my stress level even out and makes me feel like a good person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good. Come over and practice piano for me, then you can relieve me of some of MY burden. ROFL!!!
Post a Comment