i was almost embarrassed of myself last night. I was glowing, bouncing, etc. just acting like a fool. In front of people. I hit my goal at weight watchers last night. Go ahead with the applause, I'll wait :) ...................................
I thought I could remain calm and cool about it, but I acted like a 3 year old. This is something I have worked toward since I gave birth to Justin. I got really close to goal before I got pregnant with Ryan, but then after I had him, my body chose to hang on to the weight awhile. And I helped it out a little. Or a lot. But I finally got to the point this past winter where I couldn't take it anymore, so I put my foot down. And damn... it was hard. Cut out all the food I love. Cut out alcohol. Exercise more. None of this was easy. But I did it. I can now go to the Dr's office and be weighed and not wince. Also? they don't have to slide that menacing 150 lb marker across the bar before they can even start to gauge my weight. That was always a pet peeve of mine. I hate that 150 lb bar. And now I can engage in a little beer and not have it ruin a whole week for me.
I still have few pounds to get off before I am completely happy. Plus I have to make it through 6 wks of "maintenance" with weight watchers before I get my lifetime member status. But in the meantime, I can see myself in a new light. I catch glimpses of myself in store windows and doors and think I don't look 1/2 bad instead of gagging and thinking that can't be me. It's a good feeling. Even if I did make a total dork out of myself at weight watchers last night. It's all good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so proud of you, Amy! You have worked so hard to get here and you deserve to celebrate...even jumping up and down!!
HUGS!
Jen
WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS on hitting goal weight Amy!!! You deserve it.
Post a Comment