Thursday, February 22, 2007

to ryan...

someone asked me yesterday if I ever regretted having a 3rd child. Such a bizarre question to me. Like, I really would have answered yes to that? I have never regretted a moment of your life, little man. You bring joy and laughter to me when I am in the darkest of moods. Just yesterday I was cracking smiles all day while you carried around your collection of Polly Pockets dressed in ballgowns and Star Wars figures. Polly & Yoda had a fantastic lightsaber battle and they all ride around in the Rescue Hero space ship. Even in my foul state of mind yesterday, how could I not laugh at that?
You repeat everything that everyone says. It makes Hannah insane, makes me watch my mouth, makes Justin come up with crazy sentences just to see if you'll say it too. And you do.
You always have a chocolate milk mustache. Even when I don't remember giving you chocolate milk. I wipe your face off a dozen times a day, and every time I turn around you are sporting a fu man chu style 'stache. It's rather endearing.
You have your own sense of style. No one can pick out your jammies but you and all clothing must meet your daily approval. You also can wear a Power Ranger costume that is 4 sizes to big and make it look just right. And wear it you do. All the time. Between that and the Dart Vader helmet (also a little too big) we never know which character to expect.
You keep us on our toes.
So, regret? Ummm...no. Are we thankful for you? You bet. Every minute of every day I am thankful that I have you to boss me around.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Ryan sounds like Keira and Lorelei.

I cannot imagine how I would react if someone asked me that question.

Amy said...

I think she meant it in a different way, like did I regret our decision to go from 2 to 3 children. Not if I regretted Ry in particular.

~elle said...

Who could ever regret #3? Maybe #2, but never #3 (at least in my experience!!) :O)

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

I wouldn't have been able to answer if someone asked me that question...I wouldn't have had words!!! I hope she just mis-spoke. OY!
That was a very sweet post, Amy. HUGS to Ry!!