Monday, February 05, 2007

school's out. go build something....

it is so cold, they cancelled school today. I don't have a memory of that happening in my childhood. Probably it did, but I only remember school being called because of snow. There isn't all that much snow, but it is cold. Scratch that. Not just cold. It is bitter, freeze the ears right off of your head, curse mother nature, FUH-REEZING out. Of course Justin wants to go out and play. I'm having to explain the finer points of frost bite to him to make him understand why it isn't so much a good idea. To keep him in the house and happy I had to get creative. I am praising the creators of the Cranium company today. I got the kids the Super Fort for Christmas. They had one big giant structure built for about a week after Christmas until I got tired of looking at it and took it all down. They screamed at me and told me how mean I was. But I can take it, I hear all of that daily. I thought to myself what a good idea it would be to put it up for awhile and pull it out on a day just such as today. And again, I have stunned myself with my own brilliance. I pulled it out an hour ago and all 3 children have been busy creating some type of structure since then. And no one is dead yet. In fact I haven't even heard an argument. Anyone with more than one child, knows that this is a miracle. I heart the Super Fort.

No comments: