Tuesday, August 05, 2008

you'd think we never buy him toys...

so... a few years ago, at justin's 6 yr old check up, i promised him he wouldn't have to get a shot. Because I was sure he wouldn't. Except he did. So to soothe his scarred psyche (they had to drag him out from under the chair kicking and screaming- he's not a huge fan of needles), I took him to Target and let him pick out a toy. Thus, the start of that little tradition. Go for your check-up, get a shot, get a toy.
Because I am vying for mom of the year once again, I forgot to schedule Ryan's 4 yr old check up. Last April. I realized it when I was putting together parent packets for all of the other preschool parents. I noticed that I was stuffing in medical forms to be filled out by the Dr. and *OOOPS* I won't be able to get Ryan's in because *OOOPS* I forgot to take him this year. Yep...mother of the year is pretty much sewn up for me this year. Sorry girls, it's all mine.
So this morning Ryan comes down and starts up this conversation:
Ry: do I have to go to the Dr. today?
Me: yep, for your check up.
Ry: YES!!
Me: why are you so excited?
Ry: Do you think I'll have to get a shot?
Me: maybe. I don't know if you get any this year or not.
Ry: AWESOME!!!! I hope I get a shot. I want to get a prize!

Me=Baffled.
Who wants a new Star Wars figurine that bad? Ryan. That's who.

No comments: