Thursday, August 21, 2008

the daily crack up...

ryan strikes again. The kid has a daily mission to make me laugh, and he usually accomplishes it. Yesterday I was cleaning up the mess of the day after they had all gone off to bed. He was up in his room playing, but not in bed yet and I heard his door creak open.
Ryan: (at the top of his lungs) Mooooooooom?? Where you at?
Me: (exasperated- it's bedtime and I want to chill with a beer) In the kitchen, what do you want?
Ryan: I want to sleep like Spiderman tonight.
Me: ??? you want what ???
Ryan: I want to sleep just like Spiderman.
Me: You want to sleep WITH your Spiderman?
Ryan: (exasperated because his mother never GETS him) NO! I want to sleep LIKE Spiderman.
At this point I'm like "Whatever you want son. Just GO TO BED." Keeping in mind that I am downstairs and he is upstairs and we're screaming all of this back and forth at each other.
After I chilled with my beer and watched the Olympics for awhile, I went upstairs to do my kid check and this is what I found:

He had the mask, gloves, everything. He must have gotten hot because the mask ended up next to him, but he still had the whole get-up- including gloves- on this morning when he wandered out of his room.
He says to me this morning, "Now I know what Spiderman sleeps like."
I hope he at least sleeps comfortably :)

1 comment:

jennpom said...

LOL!!