i have LOADS of mom guilt. I always have. Even when I spent my every waking moment devoted to parenting my children, I wondered if I was doing it all the right way. If I was screwing them up by being involved in their every moment. Now that I have run off to the world of academia and gone to work part time I have more mom guilt, just distributed in different places. Now I forget things (more often) like snacks, permission slips, you know- the basics. And my kids, who didn't feel like I spent enough time helping with school events before (because I can't be in every child's classroom at the same time, who knew?) now are really feeling slighted because I can hardly ever be there. However, I did some serious schedule juggling at work and went in ALL DAY yesterday. The elementary school's PTO sponsors a cool program every year where they bring in COSI (Columbus's science center) into the school and they have a huge hands on thing for the kids to play with and learn from. Very cool. They always need volunteers for it and no one wants to do it, because as cool as it is it is labor and time intense. Did I mention ALL day? But I volunteered for it, because I knew I could make the older 2 both happy by being at their school to help out. So I showed up at 7:45 and worked my hiney off until almost 4. As we were walking out of the building to my van, Justin looks over at me and says, "are you coming to help with my party tomorrow?"
Dude. I got zero points for the whole day???
I can't win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment