Thursday, October 23, 2008

cool mom...

i was sitting in my communications class on wed., listening to the children talk amongst themselves about their Halloween plans. I was chuckling to myself because their plans are quite funny to me. You know basically stumbling from one party to the next in a drunken stupor. If that doesn't scream the true Halloween spirit to you, well then...I don't know...me neither. One of the boys who usually sits next to me was particularly funny. He always is. He likes to run his ignorant ideas by me before he calls his own mom. You know, to get an old lady's opinion first. He decided to ask me what I was doing for Halloween. I told him I was doing what I always do. Sipping spiked hot cocoa while passing out candy. He started laughing and said "you have got to be the coolest mom I have ever known!" Really??? Because I drink spiked hot cocoa? You should meet some of my other mom friends then. I must be hanging with a cool crowd :)

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

poor naive soul...doesn't he realize that when you have kids you HAVE to do that to stay sane? bwahahaha.

avvdixon said...

You DO hang with the cool crowd :o) Hmmm - spiked hot cocoa sounds good right about now. Is 11:00 too early to start drinking?!? :o)

Teresa said...

LOL...I would love to live near you Amy. It would be a blast.

I sit outside on the front step, drinking the hot cocoa and in a blanket (because it is MN) and passing out candy. One year, the neighbor and I ate italian food with wine and passed out candy and chatted. It was fabulous.