Friday, September 26, 2008

week one down....

several thousand more(i think) to go.
Thoughts on the first week:
-You can't feel truly old until you're in a classroom with 30 people and you are the oldest by a good 20 yrs.
-The next oldest person after you is your professor, who appears to be at least 10 yrs your junior.
- No, really. My professor is YOUNGER than me. By 10 or so years.
-Life science classes are always going to be taught to me by a cranky, gnarly old man. Who is 97. But not YOUNGER than me.
-Did I mention that my communications professor is younger than me? Oh! and she'd like us to call her Ashley. Because that's what name was popular for little girls born in the 80s.
-I was the only one in my class this morning would had actually
r-e-a-d the reading assignment. Proven by the fact that in our small groups, I had all the answers because I had highlighted them in my text. The 18 yr old CHILDREN in my group were impressed by my thoughtfulness. So sweet of me to do the reading for them.
-When asked to design a theory of our own, I was the only one in class whose theory had something to do with my own children.
-Sweats and a t-shirt are still good campus duds. Even 15 yrs later.
-I am lovin' learning again. Even if I am RIDICULOUSLY old. To them.

No comments: