so, 13 years ago today, I walked down the aisle and entered into the state of wedded bliss. Not all of our 13 years have been blissful, but that would just be boring and make you throw up in your mouth a little bit, now wouldn't it? I thank my lucky stars that Matt & I found our way to each other and that we still like each other after living in the same house together for this long. He puts up with my quirkiness (aka bitchy mood swings) and I put up with him leaving his dirty socks on the floor and used tissues on whatever he happens to be standing next to. And we still love each other. Better yet? We still LIKE each other. He's still my best friend. The first person I tell my brilliant plans to, the first person I bounce ideas off of. The person whose opinion I value the most.
He didn't snicker at me when I told him last week I wanted to finish my degree. I expected him to roll his eyes because as long as he's known me, I've been deciding what I want to be when I grow up. I feel like I have finally come to a plan (at least for the next phase of Amy-as-a-grown-up), and I was nervous to mention it to him. I was afraid he'd list all of the negative stuff that was brewing in my own head (like where will I find time, how will I afford it, and homework, and exams, and homework, and exams) instead he said he couldn't wait to watch me graduate in the shoe. And that's just one of the reasons why 13 years later I still love him the bestest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah, but would you let Matt give you a Brazilian? I'm just sayin'...
Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids! Being in love (and like) with your bestest friend is, well...the best!!
HUGS!
Jen
Happy anniversary Amy and Matt!! We were married in the same year, as our anniversary is August 5. Hope it was a nice day.
Ummm. no. I wouldn't let Matt near me with hot wax :)
I feel your pain. My brazilian chic is in Michigan. Can you believe she wouldn't move down here with me??? I've become friends with Mr. Gilette and it SUCKS.
Post a Comment