Wednesday, September 12, 2007

only me...

i have never wanted to do pilates or yoga in a class environment. Not because I don't think I can do it. I'm pretty athletic. I'm also pretty stretchy. No, the reason I have always shyed away from doing them in a class environment is because both of these classes cause you to twist like a pretzel and in doing so, I'm pretty sure I'll fart. But me, being the brave soul that I am thought to myself, "self...if you can get through the Winsor pilates video at home without expressing gas, you'll be fine in the class!" Silly girl! And I CAN make it through the video. Well, for the most part. Except for that one part in the advanced video- the rollover- where you lay on your back with your legs straight out in front of you. You pick them up and roll them up and over your head, so that you lying there with your ass straight up in the air and your feet are suspended over your head. While in this position, you have to have enough control to open your legs to a "V" and and then close them and then roll back down so that you're laying flat again. People, I fart EVERY TIME I try it. But, alas, my friend assures me there is nothing that advanced in this class. She assures me. Except today we had a different teacher. Our other teacher doesn't do the Wed. class and we didn't know that having never made it in on a Wed. This new teacher does advanced moves. Ones like say...the rollover. And oh yes, Amy farted. Amy farted LOUD. What else can one do, when one farts obnoxiously loud while one lies ass up in the air? Laugh. Hysterically, until there are tears rolling down thine face.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to show my face in the Wed class again, but I'm going to work on controlling sphincter as well as core muscles while doing the rollover at home until next week.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Thank you for the laugh..I would have blushed about 10 shades of red and laughed and laughed.

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

I would have had to leave class!!! OMG, that is too funny! Was anyone else laughing, cuz I would have been...not laughing *at* you, but bodily functions make me hysterical. I'm such a 5yo boy.

Janet O. said...

OMG!!!! I am laughing my ASS off over here! Where is youTube when you need it? HEE!!!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennpom said...

I am almost peeing myself over this scenario!! So glad it never happened to me (although I do have my fair share of embarrassing moments!). Thanks for the laughs Amy! love ya, jenn